Monday, 7 March 2016

Dear Mama: Tuesday Morning Satire



Dear Mama,

I see you looking tired, old and haggard in your selfies with your new Little One. Your baby doesn’t mind what you look like for now.

And I want you to know, it won’t always be like this. One day they will grow up and You Mama, will wonder how the time passed so quickly.

I could use Ten Thousand Words to describe to you how right I am about motherhood, Mama, but I won’t because I don’t have an Editor to help with all the Capital letters. I have been a Mama myself for twenty months, and I know all about it.

One day your baby won’t be a baby any more, and won’t wake up fifteen times a night. One day your toddler won’t have tantrums in the supermarket or want to watch you use your toilet. And on that day, and when they are a teenager, you can definitely shame them on social media, everyone will appreciate the slow burn of this Joke from the Past.

One day your baby won’t want to be rocked or patted to sleep, and they probably only want to now because you do it. Let go a little. They will be big enough soon to work all this out themselves, unless you keep rocking or patting them to sleep, which they will definitely still want as a settling technique  when they are 21.

One day you won’t be on social media at 4.11am because your baby is being fed and you need to keep awake. Perhaps, Mama, put down the phone and just look at your baby and try not to fall asleep. 

They won’t be this little forever. Capture Every Single Moment.

You got this.

Love from a Mama who has been there and knows all about it.