Wednesday, 27 January 2016

From the Archives 2012: About grief.

Krishnamuri was once asked what is the most appropriate thing to say to a friend who is about to die. He answered: "Tell your friend that in his death, part of you dies and goes with him. Wherever he goes all thes you will also go. He will not be alone." - 'The Last Lecture'

Grief never leaves you. It becomes less raw, yes. The ache for that person dulls just a little, but it never changes the fact you would trade anything to see them one more time.

There are a lot of things I could say on Facebook, but I won't. What I will say is this - I admire my friends who are continuing on the legacy of people who are now in Heaven. The best legacy you can leave behind is that of love.

Relationships don't end because one of us is still here and the other isn't. We are always in relationship. Memories keep our loved ones alive.