Saturday, 17 January 2015

changing direction.

I thought I'd do a Sunday arvo blog while Stephen and Dave are out at Le Cornu picking up new furniture. Yay yay yay!

We have only been in Adelaide for about two months. It has gone by really quickly, and I haven't been too fussed about blogging since. Big changes: moving,  new house, new job, new interests, new furniture even. And some little failures and big milestones, and whatever.

I feel a lot more settled, especially emotionally. I don't feel half as moody, or half as out of place, as I was a few months (and even a few years ago). Despite the fact that our house isn't very flash at all and we have to put in a lot of work to make it look respectable enough to live in, it has been fun. We are only renting, but our new place hadn't been leased from a long time, so not only was it pretty dirty, it also needs a lot of yard work done. Forget trips to the dump before moving, we have had to ring up and book a hard rubbish collection just to get rid of things we have found in our extensive garden/tip for rubbish.

Christmas, birthdays and weddings are almost all over, except for my birthday tomorrow. Having two families to visit is tough sometimes, and tougher when we live far away from them, though less far than when we were in Kadina. Nick and Melissah were married last week which was super exciting, Stephen had a family birthday dinner (which I organised) and I had a BBC Birthday Bash with my friends (which I organised but Stephen and Marie played hosts for the night).

In terms of changing direction....

Craft goodliness
I've dug out my crafty gear again and made Stephen a big scrapbook of his life so far. It also had all his school photos from work for the last five years, he liked it a lot. Our brand new niece, Kara Louise, was born a few weeks about so I made her a quilt and some bibs and burp cloths. The sewing machine is having a good run which makes me very happy.

Derby love
Oh, for the love of derby.
I hadn't blogged about my results of derby testing, but in short, I am good enough to be a ref, but not quite at skater standard. For reasons way beyond my control, I'm skipping the ref gig for a bit and doing some NSO stuff. NSO= non-skating official, which means I'll help with any and everything that doesn't involve being on skates, but also means I have to know all of the rules, and as one of our trainers pointed out, roller girls don't know a lot of the rules half the time! I'm very sad about hanging up my very expensive skates for a little while, but it is the safest option for me right now, and I do intend on doing this year's intake starting in November.

I have learnt a lot through my time as a Freshie and made some really lovely friends and connections. I'm also really pleased that I can stay hanging with MCRG as I do like those ladies and germs.

Uni and work
It all feels a bit funny, but I'm off to uni again, and working for Camp Australia who run OSHC and Vac Care centres across Australia. I've also applied to do my Diploma of Early Childhood Care and Education, which seems silly being that I am a qualified teacher and all. Some of the services require Dip trained educators and seeing as my current qual is for Primary/Middle, it isn't quite right. I hope to do some TRT this year too, but that's something to worry about a few weeks after school goes back.

Blog lovin'
I feel as if my blog could quite happily go through an identity crisis is I let it. I have said a few times that I'm really just writing for the sake of my soul and to make me happy. I thought maybe I could make my blog be a lot of things, but 'personal blog' is probably the most appropriate way to desribe it and keep it going. The themes have changed a bit, but essentially, it's just a blog by me, to me, from me, and I'm going to keep it that way.


Ummm....
I'm going to leave it here. Well done for making it through my blog thus far and a merry 215 to you from me.