Thursday, 4 December 2014

MCRG Raw/Fresh Meat Intake Update Week 5

Just because I haven't posted much, doesn't mean I didn't pass Raw Meat. I did, just. I also have a LOT of work to do. I need to work at cross overs, t-stops and, worst of all, skating on my left leg (1 foot glide). I also need to get my endurance up and over 21 laps.

So we are now at the midway point of Fresh Meat. or Fresh Eggplant if you are veggie. (That's not a lame joke I made up by the way, we chanted "Fresh Eggplant" at the end of training yesterday to make the vegans happy).We are learning more advanced skills, especially in terms of making contact  which is mostly taking and giving hits as well as whips. There are new things as well, such as carving, backwards skating, transitions and tomahawks which are all really new skills to me.

These last 10 or so days since I passed the test have been so busy for me. I have been moving into our new house and cleaning both the old and new one. I haven't got half the amount of practice in outside of sessions that I expected and really need to do. Starting tomorrow I intend on correcting this and ay have to plead with the gym again to let me go for an el-skateo.

I am also really crappy at jumping.

I have a lot of bruises today, and I really do feel that I am improving. I can give and take hits and whips okayish, I'm much better at stepping and being in control on my wheels. Pack skating and pace lines are becoming a lot easier too.

I have had a wheel upgrade to Heartless in a push/pull combo. I don't remember the exact set up terminology but I'll post it another day.

I'm not going to think too much about if I don't make it. My ultimate goal is to be a roller girl, and my second best option is to become a ref for a year while I gain more confidence on my skates.

Honestly, this is probably one of the best things I have ever done, along with getting married, Guides, going to Tabor and travel. I feel like I am constantly pushing my own limits and learning to be tough and not compare myself with others. I have had a lot of pain in my right foot, and I'm working through that as well to help me get through training.

For the first time ever I feel like all the stuff I have ever been told about training and conditioning has a purpose. A few years ago when I lost a lot of weight really quickly, my only goal was to lose weight. Right now I am not stressing about that, I would rather be doing exercise to strength my legs and make me a much better skater. Yes, losing weight will make me a lot more agile, but it will come in time and isn't my ultimate goal anymore.

That's it for now. Over and out.