Wednesday, 16 July 2014

What I really do. Country living.

So I'm trying to be just a little sneaky with this post.

Let's put it this way, I'm kind of over romantic notions of country living. So I made this meme.



Yes, really.
Okay, so there is just a little bit of truth to each image, I mean, being propositioned to play netball in everyway possible is kind of like playing, right?
(even I know that's a lie.)

But, mostly, I'm actually what I actually do.

So, admittedly, I haven't been very good-natured about country life. I act like I never had a choice, but of course I did. But I keep being told Mount Gambier 'isn't really' country so I haven't tried country life before. So, after Balaklava, Pirie and Kadina, I have just about had my fill of country living for the rest of my life.

There are a lot of things I like about living in the country. Hardly ever any traffic. The romantic notions everyone gets swept away by. Community spirit. But, well, mostly the romantic notions. Yes, I love rolling hills, and greenery, and roosters crowing. None of this is new to me. There is no novelty left.

Why be so glum? I have about five more months here, anyone can get through that reasonably unscathed. Please, wish me luck.