Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Dear Rest of the World,

Please stop hating on people who use social media to connect with their friends and family. You move hundreds of kilometres away from your entire family and two hours from your friends and you'll quickly find that sometimes social media is the only social outlet in your life most days. Some people think social media disconnects us from those around us. I disagree. When you are far from home with your two best friends being your husband and a cat, knowing you can watch your friend's latest antics on video, see photos of new babies or hear some news you wouldn't have heard otherwise makes a world of difference. We are blessed to have so many ways to communicate.

My friends on Facebook are actually my friends.

With love from Lisa
(and everyone else who doesn't live three minutes drive from everyone they know.)


With four of my my fab friends.
Another social gathering organised, documented and photographed using social media.